Skip to main content

Fly-in Breakfast with Nick

This is my first try at a podcast:

http://sites.google.com/site/trevjsmithfiles/podcasts/DesertPilot-flyingbackwithNick.mp3

 For those of you who don't know what is that is I found a good little article about what it is.

http://www.how-to-podcast-tutorial.com/what-is-a-podcast.htm

I started to record cockpit audio and when I go on my flights. I haven't really got is all down with the recording and me narrating the podcast but I'll get better as I go.

This flight is off to a fly-in breakfast that the Coolidge airport put on the first sat of every month in the fall, winter and spring month. So this was the kick off for the after the hot summer.

here is a few pics:

Stearmans flying over (sorry about the camera smudge)

Andy and I next to he's pitts, if only it had two seats.

Great J-3 Cub


very nice newly painted Citabria



Blue is there red is back

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New FAA Medical Process with MedXPress

It was that time again to renew my FAA medical, and if you are like me then you are new to the FAA's online process. The FAA have stream lined the process on a new web site at   medxpress.faa.gov . The Stuck Mic AvCast did a recent episode on the process on MedXpress. Having just finished I'll recap what I did. First if you are a 20-something like me the the online form at MedXpress is extremely easy to fill out to set up an account on the MedXpress site. The site only has one form to fill out. FAA Form 8500-8. This is the old form that you used to fill out at the doctors office. After filling it out online you can print it out and save it as a PDF file. I love saving things as a PDF I have a folder in the DropBox cloud service that I keep all of my important papers so I don't lose it. This online process is just for the FAA Form 8500-8 so if you have any special considerations those must still be filled out by hand. I recently got LASIK and didn't really know

Road Rage in the Air

There has been lot of changes in life, a change of job, I’m not in the military anymore, so that also means a change in location. Arizona called me back from San Diego. Although I was sad to leave this is where we are supposed to be. We moved to Marana a town on the north side of Tucson it’s a great location close to work and family and best of all it is only a 10 min drive from Marana Regional Airport. The airport has 2 interesting runways 12-30 which is the long almost 7000’ runway and the shorter almost 4000’ 03-21. Most of the time the traffic favors 12. Shortly after moving to Marana I was at the park or out walking with my son I wanted to know what was going at the airport. I’m not directly under the pattern but I can see most of the planes on downwind. So I put up an antenna in my attic wired it my aviation handheld and then to a computer and steamed it online through LiveATC.net . Just a side note if anyone wants to do that liveatc is super helpeful at getting it all s

Ep. 09 - Redington Pass into Tucson

This audio is my son and I departing San Manuel Airport (E77) flying clockwise around Mt. Lemmon through the Redington Pass into Tucson international airport (KTUS) . Recorded in May 2019. _________ Find the podcast on most podcatchers like  Apple Podcast ,  Stitcher , or  Overcast Reach me on⇢ ✈︎ twitter: @DesertPilotTrev ✈︎ facebook: DesertPilot Podcast ✈︎ email: trevor@desertpilot.com