Skip to main content

Missionary Brother

I have a brother that is on a mission. He went in to the mtc yesterday afternoon. I think it's really weird to think about or more to realize. I've been thinking about what I wanted to do and tell him about the mission that I didn't know or that I wish some one had told me. I thought of about everything I think but I've been think so long when he would go and now it's his time. He was so ready and excited to go. My mom texted me as they were leaving the mtc and said "I'm a missionary mom again" I didn't really know what to say to that. I've never been on this side of the mission before. Seeing them leave makes me want to be on my mission again. For being so hard that is was it was also so wonderful. He'll come back changed but I'm exited to see the change in the making through the letters and all. 

For those who don't know he is now in the Provo, UT Missionary Training Center (mtc) he'll be there 3 weeks then he's off to the Seattle Washington Mission where he'll spend the remainder of the 2 years there. You can write him in the mtc if you would like his address is:

Elder Brendon Albert Smith
MTC Mailbox #108
WA-SEA 1007
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, UT 84604-1793

I send him letters though DearElder.com if you write him in the mtc it's Free once he gets in the field you have to pay for the stamp and I'll update his address when that happens, but it's nice you don't even have to touch any paper. but do remember that written letter are always better and if you really want to go out of your way a picture of you or some one he knows doing something fun with that letter is awesome as a missionary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shad's Flight to Catalina Island the Airport in the Sky

My last flight in 2015 was a perfect April day with light winds, clear skies and temperatures in the mid 70s F. The crew was myself, my son Shadrach, and two buddies from the Navy; Tony and Bill. We were flying to Catalina Island KAVX (aka The Airport in the Sky). The day was so clear we took off from just outside San Diego KSEE and once we got over the ocean we could see the island right away. We flew in to airport and took a shuttle down to the main town, Avalon, and walked around for a bit before heading home.

This was one of my most memorable flights not because of the close friends I was with, the perfect day, or the bucket list location. But because it was my son's last flight with me before he pass away in May 2015 at the age of 5. He loved to go flying with Dad and I loved taking him up. He died of cancer that he had been fighting for the previous two years. That April we knew he wasn't going to make it. We had known since about November of 2014 but we were just living…

FIFI the only Flying B-29

My youngest brother and I in November of 2010 got to go see the only flying B-29 when it came to the valley for a few days it was very neat. There was also a B-25 and B-17 there. We got to go inside of all of them and took lots of pictures. Below are some and on a link to even more.
Download the short podcast of the flight over here.

 Check out more pictures of our flight here.

MH-60R Seahawk

The next part of our training we were tested on was the implantation of the MH-60R Seahawk . Up to this point we had simulated controlling the capabilities of a SH-60B which has been the work horse of the Navy since the 80's.The new "Romeo" has all the latest and greatest equipment and the tactics are slightly different. Passed the test. Just a few weeks until graduation.