Skip to main content

Dirt Strip

Today before my class I took my friend Nick up and went flying. He is going to start he's flight training soon and this was also to give him a little extra push. Well it worked. We took off for CHD and I was headed for E81 in Superior, AZ there is a dirt strip there that I just wanted to touch down on and it got better. I was a little hesitant to go that way because it was a little hazy but we went on. I also didn't know if I wanted to touch down ether because the A/FD said there were large rocks on the field. We got closer and it just looked better and better then flew over at around 200ft and I didn't see any rocks so we circled around for a touch and go. (didn't have the money to stop) I floated a little long but made it down and up. I was so excited I forgot to tell Nick to record it. so the picture below it at the take-off you can see the field in the back ground. The most thrilling landing I've made since I started flying.

Comments

paula said…
Dirt runway? Sounds about right for Superior:) You are just flying everywhere, racking up those hours.

Popular posts from this blog

Shad's Flight to Catalina Island the Airport in the Sky

My last flight in 2015 was a perfect April day with light winds, clear skies and temperatures in the mid 70s F. The crew was myself, my son Shadrach, and two buddies from the Navy; Tony and Bill. We were flying to Catalina Island KAVX (aka The Airport in the Sky). The day was so clear we took off from just outside San Diego KSEE and once we got over the ocean we could see the island right away. We flew in to airport and took a shuttle down to the main town, Avalon, and walked around for a bit before heading home.

This was one of my most memorable flights not because of the close friends I was with, the perfect day, or the bucket list location. But because it was my son's last flight with me before he pass away in May 2015 at the age of 5. He loved to go flying with Dad and I loved taking him up. He died of cancer that he had been fighting for the previous two years. That April we knew he wasn't going to make it. We had known since about November of 2014 but we were just living…

FIFI the only Flying B-29

My youngest brother and I in November of 2010 got to go see the only flying B-29 when it came to the valley for a few days it was very neat. There was also a B-25 and B-17 there. We got to go inside of all of them and took lots of pictures. Below are some and on a link to even more.
Download the short podcast of the flight over here.

 Check out more pictures of our flight here.

MH-60R Seahawk

The next part of our training we were tested on was the implantation of the MH-60R Seahawk . Up to this point we had simulated controlling the capabilities of a SH-60B which has been the work horse of the Navy since the 80's.The new "Romeo" has all the latest and greatest equipment and the tactics are slightly different. Passed the test. Just a few weeks until graduation.