Skip to main content

Fly-in, Scuba and sick

This weekend has been eventful to say the least. On last thursday Nick and I went to a Fly-in that we should of flown into. Because we went on a Thursday and not on the week end it was that busy and we should have rented a plane and flown in there. oh well maybe next year. Below is one the smallest plane we saw. It was on sale for $1900 so I bought it. Just kidding. It is so small that in order for me to fly it I would have to lose 40 lbs. In the back ground there is an old C-17 or DC-3 which ever you like to call it. but very cool none the less.

We also went on a Helicopter ride. I'd never been on one. Nick is going to start he's training as a Helicopter pilot once he here's back for the FAA about he medical. They are know for taking their time with paperwork.


We were going to go to the show on saturday but our scuba friend Ed (one on Nick's old companions for his mission) invited us to go diving with him. and I'd been wanting to get my feet wet for since I got my certification. So off to Lake Pleasant we went. We went down to 60ft. the deepest I've bee so far.

The morning of the dive I and the friday before I had had a little runny nose but I thought I would be ok for the dive. Well Although it was a blast and don't really regret it I probably should of pasted it up. Jessica hadn't been feeling that great since the middle of the week and although we had tickets to the ASU game we didn't end up going. We just stayed home the rest of the day. and all day sunday. now we are both doing better but still not 100%. but we'll get over it the drugs are good.

Comments

MommaMarini said…
Be careful doing that; flying and diving make for a dangerous combination because of the darastic changes in elevation.

Popular posts from this blog

FIFI the only Flying B-29

My youngest brother and I in November of 2010 got to go see the only flying B-29 when it came to the valley for a few days it was very neat. There was also a B-25 and B-17 there. We got to go inside of all of them and took lots of pictures. Below are some and on a link to even more.
Download the short podcast of the flight over here.

 Check out more pictures of our flight here.

MH-60R Seahawk

The next part of our training we were tested on was the implantation of the MH-60R Seahawk . Up to this point we had simulated controlling the capabilities of a SH-60B which has been the work horse of the Navy since the 80's.The new "Romeo" has all the latest and greatest equipment and the tactics are slightly different. Passed the test. Just a few weeks until graduation.

RIMPAC 2012

I just came back from the largest naval exercise in the world and unlike the movie Battleship there was no aliens that attacked. The whole exercise is around the Hawaiian Islands and is a month long building up to the final week of the event where we have a big "battle". Although we did fire some 5in. rounds off and Harpoon and SM2 missiles it wasn't at another ship or at least one that had people in it. We also spent 2 port visits, about 10 days total, in Pearl Harbor on Ohau. Which was really heaven on earth I really wouldn't mind living there. I was gone from home for about 2 1/2 months and was good to come back. Here are some pics from the trip.